Choosing the right caterer is absolutely key to the success of any event. Everyone remembers boring food or bad service – for all the wrong reasons. So we have put together a list of key questions any event planner should consider when selecting which company to work with:
- Has the caterer listened to your key objectives?
- Do they understand your vision and any concerns you might have?
- Are they confident working in the venue? If not, do they have plenty of experience within similar venues?
- What are their credentials? What other events have they worked on? Can they provide any case studies?
- Can they provide any recommendations from previous clients? If you can speak to a previous client, make sure you ask about their experience of the planning process as well as the event itself. Was the caterer friendly, professional and efficient? Do they have any testimonials?
- If you are comparing a shortlist of caterers, have their costings been provided like-for-like? Make sure you look carefully at the details – particularly to avoid additional costs being required to fulfil the initial brief further down the line. Allocating an insufficient budget for staffing is a common way of cutting corners but it can cost the success of the event.
- If the event involves food stations or buffets, has due consideration been given to the flow of guests in the space?
- What impact do you want your event to have? Can the caterer provide any added value to help you achieve this? If you want guests to be talking about their experience of the event long after it has finished – especially on social media channels – can the caterer deliver something which will stand out, engage guests and compel them to shout about it online?
- Does the caterer offer any personalisation, branding or styling options to reinforce your message to the guests and make the event feel special?
- Do they have any videos you can watch so that you can visualise what an event with them may be like?
So, choosing the right caterer may not be quite so tricky after all… Do get in touch with us on 020 7703 2653 or at email@example.com if you would like to discuss how we can make your next event a roaring success.