Bubble Food has implemented the latest government advice to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Some of these measures apply to all businesses and some are applicable just to the food industry. COVID-19 is not known to be transmitted by exposure to food or food packaging, so the focus is on person-to-person transmission whilst also maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness in the workplace and the events space. Bubble Food intend to exceed the guidance standards through staff training, investment in PPE and sanitation equipment, and rigorous monitoring of both the health of our workforce and the implementation of our policy.
Bubble Food will be focusing on the following key points:
- Signs and symptoms
- Workplace Temperature Screening
- Social distancing
- The use of PPE
- Personal hygiene
- Planning and Preparation of meetings and events
Sign and Symptoms of COVID-19
The following symptoms may develop in the 14 days after exposure to someone who has COVID-19 infection:
- Dry cough
- Sore throat
- Difficulty in breathing
Workplace temperature screening
Temperature recordings have been initiated by Bubble Food. All staff will be tested on arrival at work (whether at the main Bubble location, or on-site at an event). Anyone with a raised temperature will not be allowed to enter the workplace and further action taken to monitor and support that individual.
Where possible, all staff will maintain a 2-metre safe distance from another colleague, guests, or visitor. A Bubble Food Covid Safety Officer has been allocated to ensure that employees are abiding by the regulations put in place. Only a certain number of staff can work in particular areas of Bubble Food at one time, maintaining the vital 2 metre distance.
The use of PPE
Facemasks and protective gloves
It is essential that workers use face masks properly so that they are effective and safe.
- It should fit properly, completely covering the face from bridge of nose to chin.
- Clean hands properly before putting the face mask on or taking it off.
- Only touch the cord or elastic at the back of the face mask when removing it, not the front.
- If the face mask is disposable, be sure to do so safely in a proper container.
- If reusable, wash the face mask as soon as possible after use with detergent at 600
Protective gloves must be worn when handling food and replaced when moving from one task to another. This is to prevent any bodily fluids being transmitted to and from work surfaces and individuals.
Personal hygiene is a key part of the way that Bubble Food has always operated, and we will continue to maintain the highest of standards. To confirm both our current policy and those additional measures implemented during the current health crisis:
Our staff will be wearing clothing that is:
When preparing or handling food staff will:
- keep hair tied back and wear a suitable head covering, e.g. hat or hair net
- not wear watches or jewellery (except a wedding band)
- not touch their face and hair
Effective handwashing is extremely important to help prevent harmful bacteria from spreading from peoples’ hands. As well as extra staff training, our Covid Safety Officer will be ensuring that all staff wash their hands:
- Regularly and as a matter of course
- When entering the kitchen or preparation area
- Before preparing food
- After touching raw food
- After handling food waste or emptying a bin
- After cleaning
- After blowing their nose
- Staff will dry their hands on a disposable towel supplied by Bubble.
Bubble food will ensure that facilities are available to guest and staff to wash their hands as regularly as deemed necessary. This will be an option in either the onsite facilities or the facilities hired in by the Operations Manager. Hand sinks with hot and cold taps will be supplied and placed in an area accessible to all staff.
- The office, kitchen and all communal spaces will be routinely deep cleaned, focusing on frequently touched surfaces, such as workstations, countertops, and door handles.
- All potentially contaminated high-contact areas such as toilets, door handles, telephones
Planning and preparation of meetings or events
- All events will always have a Covid Safety Representative on site to monitor and enforce these regulations
- Plentiful sanitary supplies such as, tissues and hand sanitizer for all staff and guests will be provided by Bubble Food along with face masks and protective gloves where appropriate.
- Bubble food will actively monitor where COVID-19 is, or has been in evidence, and advise our staff in advance that if they have any symptoms or feel unwell, they MUST not attend.
- All staff will be asked to provide contact details: mobile telephone number, email and address, and to confirm whether they have experienced any symptoms over the past 7 days or have been in contact with anyone who has experienced symptoms over the past 14 days.
- The guidelines and regulations that have been put in place by Bubble Food will be adhered to by all employees. It is vital that this process is monitored and maintained. Reducing risk by following good practices is key.
- It is imperative that the health and the safety of our staff and our guests is at the forefront of our focus.
- Communication between our clients and our Covid safety officer is vital to ensure that the delivery of each bespoke event is in the best interests of the guest safety and experience.
- An overview of the key steps and messages is given below: